Lasker Pool

Lasker Pool
Central Park, summer 2011

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Really, Really Hungry

We have a system at our school, where parents can be automatically billed for lunch.
My kids all bring what we local parents refer to as "home lunch."
That means, either mom or dad throws together the PB and J sandwiches, cuts up the fruit and packages the cookies/popcorn/health bars every day.
I keep the automatic system in place in case we lose our minds one morning (always a significant possibility) and shove the kids out the door sans lunch boxes.
Seth has figured out  way to game the system.
When he sees something appealing on the lunch line, say, potato chips or cake, or his very favorite, salad with Chinese dressing (still haven't figured out what that is, but it got the boy to love lettuce), he goes for it. I assumed it was an occasional dip into school cuisine, sort of like the Friday pizza tradition.
But lately, I've been getting billed daily--which I thought was an error.
But no.
Seth, it turns out, has been eating home lunch AND school lunch every day.
"Mom," he explained patiently when I queried him about the double dipping. "You know I get hungry. Really, really hungry."

No comments:

Post a Comment