Lasker Pool

Lasker Pool
Central Park, summer 2011

Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm Speechless Yet Again

I was lying in bed this morning, sipping coffee, reading "The Man in the White Sharkskin Suit" and essentially ignoring the mayhem around me. I had all the bed's pillows plumped up behind me and I was pretty darn comfy.
I knew that wouldn't last more than a nanosecond.
Kyle leaped into my bed and promptly banged his head against the wall where pillows normally cushion such blows.
"Why do you have all the pillows?" he said, tears streaming down his face. "You shouldn't! Why didn't you tell me I was going to hit my head?"
"Because I didn't know you were going to jump into my bed," I said calmly.
"Don't you even care?" he yelped. "It really hurts."
"Of course I do," I said, not quite as calmly.
"I know," Kyle sniffed. "I know why you don't care. You only think of me as a friend."
Okay....

No comments:

Post a Comment