Lasker Pool

Lasker Pool
Central Park, summer 2011

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nerves Wracked

My oldest child, Kyle, is a bit of a worrywart. He comes by it honestly, what with the worrywart prevalence on both my side of the family and my husband's. Last night, he saw a blip on TV about Alzheimer's Disease. Here, the conversation that followed:
Kyle: "Mom, what's Alzheimers?"
Me (mostly ignoring him because I am trying to type up his realistic-fiction story for school) : "It's a condition where you lose your memory."
Kyle (eyes wide): "Am I going to get Alzheimer's?"
Me: "It happens mostly to elderly people."
Kyle: "What if I get Alzheimer's when I'm older? I don't want to get Alzheimer's!"
Me: "Honey, by the time you're old, there will be a cure for Alzheimer's."
Kyle: "But then I might have to get a shot for it!"
Me: big sigh.

1 comment: